Samsung is developing Windows 8 ARM tablets
This October Samsung is going to introduce a tablet running on new Window 8 operating system. New tablets will be powered by ARM architecture based Qualcomm Snapdragon processor. The size of the touch screen is not specified, but most likely it will be from 8 to 10 inches. Samsung ARM tablet will run on Windows RT – special version of Windows 8 for ARM based devices.
There are a number of other companies such as HP, Dell, Lenovo, Toshiba and ASUS presenting their Windows 8 based tablets in the fourth quarter of 2012. The price on Windows 8 tablets are expected in range from $600 to $1000.
According to IDC, there were around 17.4 million tablets of various platforms shipped in the first quarter of 2012. This is a 120% increase over the same period of 2011.
- editor rating5 Stars
- Acer Iconia B1 vs Goole Nexus 7 vs Amazon Kindle Fire
- iPad mini with Retina Display?
- Microsoft Surface tablets become available in retail stores.
- 8.9-inch Kindle Fire HD tablets become available
- Nook HD by Barnes&Noble – next generation of Nook tablets
- Kindle Fire HD tablets – 5 million units before the end of the year
- Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet 2 vs Kindle Fire 2 ?
- Amazon runs out of Kindle Fire tablets – Kindle Fire 2 is coming
- Samsung Galaxy Note II – features confirmed
- Google Nexus 7 tablet – Top Android devices of July 2012