MobileLite Wireless Flash Reader review
- Flash Reader for Smartphones and Tablets by:
- Kingston Digital
MobileLite Wireless Flash Reader was designed by Kingston for Smartphones and Tablets. Due to valueable features for Apple iOs and Google Android users as well as lightweight and portability MobileLite could become popular among frequent travelers
MobileLite WIRELESS introduction
MobileLite WIRELESS card reader was introduced by Kingston in August 2013. MobllrLite was designed to work with mobile devices running under iOS and Android operating systems. In addition to wireless access to files kept in various SD cards and external USB hard drivesKingston MobileLite provides a range of other useful functions.
- Kingston MobileLite Wireless comes with built-in battery. The battery is capable for powering the device as well as works as a power bank and external battery charger that could be used for charging mobile devices while away from power outlets. The battery is powerful enough for charging modern smartphones but does not have enough capacity for full charge of tablets. Integrated Lithium – Polymer Battery has capacity of 1800 mAh that is enough for 5h of work of the device.
- Mobile Lite has built-in card reader that supports various modern standards of memory cards such as SD, SDHC and SDXC as well as microSD via included adapter.
- Mobile Lite works as a simple wireless router/bridge providing wireless connectivity to memory cards and/or usb storage for up to 3 users at a time. MobileLite Wireless allows to download movies and music to iOS device bypassing Apple iTunes. Kingston developed special MobileLite software that is used for downloading and playing movies and music as well as copying them over to tablets or smartphones. Finally iOS users got the device that helps extend available storage via wireless connectivity.
- Kingston MobileLite could be used as a 802.11n access point providing 150 Mbit/s wireless connectivity and serving up to 3 connections on the frequency of 2.4GHz. All communications could be encrypted using WPA2 encryption standard. Please notice that encryption is disabled by default but may be easily enabled via provided web interface.
MobileLite Wireless sizes are 124.8 x 59.9 x 17.3 mm that is close to the size of the average smartphone. The weight of the device is only 100 grams. Such light weight and compact sizes make device extremely portable and convenient for frequent travellers.
Mobile Lite body is made from high quality plastic and consists of two parts with different colors, The front panel on the top of the body has a black colour and comes with manufacturer logo. There are USB and mictoUSB connectors on the panel. They are used for charging of MobileLite and smartphones as well as connectors to USB hard drives and/or memory cards.
In addition to the on/off switch there are three LED indicators on the side of the device. First LED is related to the power of the device and other two are indicating the activity of the wireless network and internet access respectively. Built-in slot for SD cards is located on the back side of the device.
MobileLite review Summary
Kingston Digital MobileLite Wireless Flash Reader for Smartphones and Tablets could be useful for Apple iOS and Android mobile gadgets owners that would like to expand existing available storage by connecting external hard drives and SD cards via wireless network. Provided functionality allows sharing of multimedia files including movies and music stored on external storage between a few users. Due to the lightweight, portability, built-in power bank and low price MobileLite could become popular among frequent travellers.
MobileLite price and availability
Kingston Digital MobileLite Wireless Flash Reader for Smartphones and Tablets is available in the most of electronics stores. The price may vary between $40 and $60. Current amazon price of the device is $43.99
- editor rating5