Microsoft Surface tablets become available in retail stores.
Microsoft announced today the start of the distribution of Windows RT based Surface tablets through third-party retailers. Sales will start in the middle of December. The company was unhappy with sales of the device and therefore decided to take this step.
U.S. and Australian retailers will begin selling the tablet in the next few days. The number of retailers will be increased in the coming months. Currently, the tablet is available in Microsoft official stores in U.S. and Canada. Surface tablet is also available in online stores in Australia, Canada, China, Germany, France and Great Britain. In the next few days Surface RT will become available in Staples, Best Buy and Walmart.
“Our goal is to expand retail distribution channels Surface within the next year. Depending on the interest of some stores, we offer them the possibility to deliver the device even before the other,”- said Steve Schuler, vice president of Microsoft’s sales and marketing.
Retail outlets will sell have three models of Surface: a model with 32 GB of memory without Touch Cover, as well as two models with Touch Cover and memory capacity 32 GB and 64 GB. The price of the cheapest model will start at $499. This price does not include a protective Keyboard Touch Cover. It will have to be purchased separately for $ 119.
- editor rating5 Stars
- IdeaTab Miix2 8-inch Windows 8.1 Tablet
- iPad Air sales started on November 1st.
- Xbox One vs PlayStation 4
- Acer Iconia B1 vs Goole Nexus 7 vs Amazon Kindle Fire
- iPad mini with Retina Display?
- 8.9-inch Kindle Fire HD tablets become available
- Google Nexus 10 tablet
- Nook HD by Barnes&Noble – next generation of Nook tablets
- Google Nexus 5 fablet by HTC?
- Kindle Fire HD tablets – 5 million units before the end of the year