Apple iPad mini – competitors’ nightmare
There are more and more information about Apple iPad mini tablet coming from anonymous sources. Apple iPad mini tablet with 7 to 8 inches display expected to be released at the end of the 2012.
There are a number of 7-inch tablets currently available on the market. The most notable are Android based Amazon Kindle Fire, Barnes & Noble Nook tablet, recently introduced Google Nexus 7 and expected Samsung Galaxy Note 2. These Android tablets are very functional and have a reasonable price starting from $199.
Apple remains the leader in the tablet sales with a share of around 60% of the market. However, the company is experiencing a constant pressure from competitors that introduce modern, technologically advanced and very competitive solutions. For example, Google Nexus 7 tablet comes with a 4-core NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor and 7-inch IPS-display with a resolution of 1280×800 pixels. The price of the model starts from $200.
So how Apple iPad mini is going to compete? There are several reasons to believe that release of iPad mini is going to be successful. First of all Apple has branded large retail network of 360 stores. Potential customers could have a real experience and examine the iPad mini in stores. There are also more than 200 thousands applications already developed and available to iPad consumers. We should also take into account the fact that Apple is one of the largest customers of Asian suppliers. Therefore the company will enjoy the best possible prices on required components.
Amazon and Google do not have any profit on sells of their tablets Kindle Fire and Nexus 7. They are making money on selling the content. Apple could easily compete with them in terms of price and still make money on selling not only content but tablets. However consumers should not expect such premier features as Retina display with Apple iPad mini. The expectation on display resolution is 1024×768 pixels.
- editor rating5 Stars
- New Google Nexus 10 Android tablet pc | 4-core CPU and 8-core GPU
- Acer Iconia B1 vs Goole Nexus 7 vs Amazon Kindle Fire
- iPad mini with Retina Display?
- Microsoft Surface tablets become available in retail stores.
- 8.9-inch Kindle Fire HD tablets become available
- Nook HD by Barnes&Noble – next generation of Nook tablets
- Kindle Fire HD tablets – 5 million units before the end of the year
- Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet 2 vs Kindle Fire 2 ?
- Amazon runs out of Kindle Fire tablets – Kindle Fire 2 is coming
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 Student Edition vs Google Nexus 7 tablets