Amazon Kindle Fire 2 – Top tablets 2012
Amazon introduced Kindle Fire tablet in September last year. Since then the tablet become very popular and it is currently number one Android tablet on the market. Amazon plans to introduce second generation of Kindle Fire, this time on the special event at the end of July 2012.
There are some changes coming with Kindle Fire 2. In particular the resolution of 7-inch display will be increased to 1280×800 pixels. Most likely Kindle Fire 2 will be introduced at a special event on July 31 this year. The most of technical details of the Kindle Fire 2 are not disclosed. However Kindle Fire 2 could come with the built-in camera and additional buttons for voice control. The price on the new model is not expected to change and will remain $199. The price for the current model of Kindle Fire will drop to $149.
The main competitors of Amazon Kindle Fire 2 on 7-inch Android tablet market are well known Barnes & Noble models as well as recently introduced Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and Google Nexus tablets manufactured by ASUS.
There are also rumors about the announcement of new generation of electronic book readers along with the Kindle Fire 2. Updated version of the Kindle Touch expected to come with built-in backlight display following to the recently released Barnes & Noble book reader with similar functionality.
- editor rating5 Stars
- IdeaTab Miix2 8-inch Windows 8.1 Tablet
- iPad Air sales started on November 1st.
- Next Generation Kindle Fire vs newest Nexus 7
- Acer Iconia B1 vs Goole Nexus 7 vs Amazon Kindle Fire
- iPad mini with Retina Display?
- Microsoft Surface tablets become available in retail stores.
- 8.9-inch Kindle Fire HD tablets become available
- Google Nexus 10 tablet
- Nook HD by Barnes&Noble – next generation of Nook tablets
- Google Nexus 5 fablet by HTC?